Here’s a quick trick to create an Autumn Fireplace Insert. I’ve worked in real estate and property management and I’ve had to stage lots of homes. In many cases the fireplaces don’t work or haven’t been turned on. This look has gotten lots of compliments and helps dress up that space seasonally. It goes together in 5 minutes and the floral & foliage I used for this insert was less than $10!
What you’ll need
- 3 cluster of leaves/autumn foliage
- 2 smaller clusters of florals
- wood logs, 2 bricks or medium rocks (if you do not have something to hold the flower/leaves in place)
Let’s get assembling our Autumn Fireplace Insert
- I used 5 stems all together to get this look. Of course you can use what ever combination works best for you 🙂
- Remove the fireplace grate. I obliviously need to clean this, too. 😛
- Open up the leaves working them into a fan pattern.
- Tuck the stem under the logs, metal holder, or use something with weight to keep in place. When I’ve done this at some properties that do not have an insert I’ve used wood logs, bricks or some rocks to hold the stems in place, and it still looks good for the florals.
- Start with the corners, then add the middle. Creating your base layer. 🍂🍂
- Time to add the second layer with flowers. Just 2 clusters is plenty.
- Then fluff as necessary.
It’s really that simple. Just those 5 small sprigs and it looks that full and bursting with autumn color. Hope you enjoyed and have a happy fall! 🍂🎃🍂🎃🍂