Summer time is here! That means delicious tomatoes are in season. 🍅🍅What goes better with tomatoes than mozzarella and basil? Not much! Especially if you see how many times I’ve posted variations of this combination. You can definitely tell it is one of my faves. This Caprese Panni is no exception. Warm bread, ripe tomatoes, melted cheese and a pop of fresh basil is delish. Here’s how I make mine.
- Cibatta Bread, Baguette, Etc. 1 per person 🙂
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Fresh Basil
- Diced sweet pepper
- Olive Oil (to drizzle)
- Balsamic Vinegar (to drizzle)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: garlic and onion powder
Let’s get started
- The sun is shining and look at all this deliciousness! All you need to do is cut the bread into sandwich serving size pieces. Slice tomatoes and mozzarella. Chop the basil and peppers.
- Time to layer. Drizzle or spray the bread (inside) with olive oil. I like to add garlic powder and onion powder. Then layer the tomatoes, mozzarella, peppers. Top with basil, salt and pepper. And a splash of balsamic.
- Time to press. If you don’t have a panni press you can also heat them in a frying pan. Don’t press your sandwich to much! When I give this job to my husband they turn out very flat and the filling gets squished out! lol 😂
- Yes! So yummy. Serve them hot with your favorite sides. We are having sandwiches and fruit salad.
That’s it! I forgot to take a better pic of my Capers Panni when it was plated. But can we just take a minute to appreciate this flavorful combo with fresh veggies, spices and gooey mozzarella! 😋