This simple Cauliflower Soup with Shrimp and Bacon is creamy and warming. It’s packed with flavor and very easy to make. You can easily substitute the oil and toppings to mage a vegan/vegetarian version! The soup is perfect to serve as a side or a main dish and the cauliflower soup base freezes well, too!
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 1 Leek
- 1 Small onion
- 4 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 4-5 Bacon Strips
- 20-30 Shrimp (small/deveined and tail-off)
- Salt & Pepper
- Green Onion (optional)
Let’s get started making this Cauliflower Soup with Shrimp and Bacon 🙂
- Start with pan frying the bacon. Reserve the grease and allow bacon to cool on a paper towel.
- Chop up leeks, onion, and cauliflower.
- In a large stock pot add a couple of tablespoons of the reserved bacon grease (make sure to save the extra grease). Sautee the onion and leeks until golden in color and soft.
- Pour the stock over the sautéed vegetables and add cauliflower. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for approximately 20 minutes until tender.
- Once the cauliflower is soft carefully transfer into a blender and puree. It should be creamy add a little water if necessary to adjust the thickness.
- Return back to stock pot and place on low heat.
- Using a little bit of reserve bacon grease Sautee the shrimp.
- Divide soup and garnish with shrimp, chopped up bacon, and green onion.
- Enjoy 🙂