This Chocolate Nana Ice Cream with cherries is amazing! The Rainer cherries are back in season and I had to pick up a bag. The yellow, pink and red is such a pretty color. But they are not only lovely but have a wonderful sweet taste. I decided to make us a little frozen treat. The chocolate nice cream and cherries was the prefect combination. 😉🍒
- 4 Frozen bananas
- 1/4 fresh chopped cherries
- 2 Tbps of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional: chopped cherries and cocoa nibs for garnish
Time to prep
- I add 4 bananas into the processor and pulse until creamy. Then add the cocoa powder and vanilla. Pulse again until well combined. (I usually have bananas in my freezer for smoothies, treats, and baking. It’s a great way to save then when we they start to get to soft).
- Fold chopped cherries into the mix. (I left my cherries bigger so you’ll get chunks throughout the nice cream).
- Then spread the mixture into a freezer safe container. And chill for approx. 3 hrs. (If making in advance cover with plastic wrap. I am using this in 3 hours. To speed up the freezing process I will stir it off and on throughout the chill time).
- Once its frozen scoop and serve just like ice-cream.This chocolatey combo is delish with chunks of cherry throughout. I garnished with cocoa nibs and more cherries.