These Christmas Bell Cookies are my favorite and a family tradition. We can not make it through the season with out them gracing the table and sharing at gatherings. I’m always asked for the recipe and of course I have to share it here, ‘Tis the Season! 🎄🎅🎄
For the cookie
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp. fine ground instant coffee
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt <- yes the recipe needs this
- 1 C Butter Softened
- 1 1/2C Brown Sugar
- 1/4 C Corn Syrup
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Milk
For the filling
- 1/3 C Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Butter
- 3 tsp. cherry juice
- 1 1/2 C Chopped Nuts (fine) Pecans/Walnuts*
- 1 Jar Maraschino Cherries
Let’s get started making these delicious Christmas Bell Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 350′
- Start by combining all the cookie ingredients, expect flour and baking soda. On a low speed cream items.
- Slowly add the flour and baking soda to form the dough.
- It will be a bit sticky. Let it chill for about 20 minutes.
- Finely chop nuts. I use about a 1 cup of pecans and 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- Mix all he nut ingredients together. It will be a little dry, but be able to hold its form.
- Once the dough is chilled it’s time to roll it out. Using a glass or round cookie cutter cut out circles
- Add scoop mix to each cut out.
- Fold up the sides to create a bell shape.
- Garnish with a cherry.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden. They will seem soft. But it is a soft cookie and will finish firming up.
- Try to patiently wait for them to cool… Did I mention they are my fave- lol 😍
Time to enjoy and share!
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! 🎄🎅🎄