This Cookies and Screams M&M Cake Bar was loved at the hospital last night! And once you get the stamp of approval it’s time to share! So here is this simple treat that just screams Happy Halloween and would be perfect for a get together. Enjoy! 👻🎃👻
- 1 Box Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1/2 C Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- Crushed mini Oreos (optional)
- 3 C Powdered Sugar
- 1/4C Cream Cheese Softened
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- 1/2 Tsp. Pure Vanilla
- M&M’s Cookies and Screams
- 1 Package Mini Oreos
- Colorful Sprinkles
Time to make our frightfully delicious Cookies and Screams M&M Cake Bar!
- Pre Heat the oven to 350′
- Line a 9×13 dish with foil and then coat. This step is important to easily lift out the cake bar! (Bakers Joy is my favorite. I really recommend giving it a try).
- Combine cake mix, eggs, water, and oil. Mix well.
- I used 1 snack bag of mini oreos. Crush them up. And fold about a 1/2 cup into the batter.
- The batter will be dense. Evenly, work it out to the edges.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Check to make a tooth pick comes out clean.
- While the cake bar is baking it’s time for the frosting. Combine all the ingredients an beat on low. You can add a little bit of sugar or milk to adjust if needed. The frosting will be thick. (Making it like an Oreo frosting layer)
- Spread a thin layer of frosting onto the cooled cake.
- Time for the inspiration for the bar… the toppings! Sprinkle the M&Ms cookies & Screeem (you can find them at Target) and other half of the Oreos. I also added seasonal sprinkles. 🎃
- Pop it in the fridge about 15 minutes for easier cutting. Then time to score it up! And it comes out of the pan very easily with the tin foil. 👻
These cookies and scream M&M bars are so good! Hope you enjoy and Happy Halloween! 👻