Cranberry Bliss Bars are one of Starbucks holiday treats! This recipe is a copycat. I’ve made it 3 times now and it’s always popular, but the bar is much more cake like and fluffier than the Starbuck’s version. I’ve made it both with and w/o orange zest. The orange was more liked, but we did a comparison and don’t think there is orange in the original- lol. So, you decide ; ) These bars also freeze great!
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 c packed brown sugar
- 3/4c butter softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbs. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c. chopped white chocolate (or white chocolate chips)
- 3/4 of dried cranberries soaked in orange juice
- 2Tbs. minced candied ginger
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 4 oz. cream cheese (room temp.)
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 Tbs. of orange zest
- 1/4 c dried cranberries
- 2 Tbs. minced candied ginger
- 1/2 c powder sugar
- 1 Tbs. heavy whipping cream
Okay, once you gathered all that it’s time to start! 😀
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter a 9×13 dish.
- Beat brown sugar & butter until smooth.
- Beat eggs into mix (adding one at a time). Beat until smooth.
- Add ginger, vanilla, and salt beat until incorporated
- Add in flour and baking powder mix until smooth.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes. The bar will be light brown, a toothpick in the center will come out clean when checked. (Cookie might look a little under cooked).
- Cool cake completely. (Even over night works good!)
- Beat all the frosting ingredients until it is a smooth consistency.
- Spread the smooth mixture evenly over the cooled bar (the bar is still in 9×13 dish uncut).
- Evenly sprinkle topping ingredients over bar
- Refrigerate to set and allow for easier cutting.
- Get ready to enjoy!!! : )