I thrifted this coral gown a while back and finally got the opportunity to make a couple repairs! This is one of my thrifting finds the dress was marked down to$4! YES, $4! I thought the color would be so fun and pretty for prom and the cut is beautiful, too! The applique was coming off which I was confident I could reattach, but there were a few stains. Definitely worth trying to fix it up.
The before pics! I actually remembered this time. 😁
Getting started! I started with reattaching the applique. None of it was damaged and this was a simple task. I tried to remove this stain. Originally, I thought it might have been lipstick. I actually made the mark worse and bigger. That’s what caused a bit of a delay. I ended up finding some larger rhinestones and the circle was able to cover the entire spot. I added more larger rhinestones to balance out the applique pieces. I added a few smaller heated rhinestones I had leftover from another project. I wanted to use these to help make the lager sewn on pieces blend and compliment each other. All done. 🧡🧡
The dress looks beautiful. The fabric draping lays much better, the mannequin is the wrong size for the gown.
- Dress $4
- Sew-on Rhinestones by Darice (JoAnn Fabrics) #3.50 (Usually $4.49)
- Extra Heat Rhinestone (already had on hand from pervious dress project here)
Total Project Cost: $7.50