These Cranberry Orange Granola Bars are super simple to make and prefect for a quick snack on the go. The leftovers are just as amazing because it folds into a delightful muesli!
- 3 C Granola (of your choice)
- 3 C Puffed Rice
- 1 C Dried Cranberries with Orange Flavoring
- 1 1/2 White Chocolate Chips
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/2 C Melted Butter
- 1/2 C Honey
Let’s get started making our Cranberry Orange Granola Bars
- Start with melting butter and set aside to cool. Alost these cranberries are the star of this bar. Make sure you use something similar if you are going for this flavor.
- In a large bowl toss the granola, puff ride, cranberries and white chocolate.
- Combine egg whites, honey and butter. Wisk well.
- Pour the liquid over the granola a fold to coat all the pieces. Doesn’t the crackling sound make you smile? Or is that just me 🙂
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Allow the mixture to rest for a few minutes to absorb most of the liquid.
- Press granola in a 9×13 dish. Firmly! VERY Firmly you want to spread this out and pack it down. This will help your bars bind and cook together. Don’t work about crushing the pieces. Additionally, you need to line the pan or it will be very difficult to remove your granola!
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool, the score.
- Time to enjoy!
Don’t toss the broken bits! You can make it into muesli (overnight outs). Trust me no one will mind this sweet morning treat.
I use about a 50/50 mix. (50 granola/50 almond milk). You can add extra nuts, seeds, fruit, etc. 🙂