This smoothie bowl is delicious! It’s like having a dessert for breakfast or snack! Or I guess you could just make it as a dessert 🙂 It has all the elements of a smoothie. But when you use frozen ingredients and add a little less liquid you get a creamy concoction you can indulge in. This chocolate, banana, and almond is a winning combination but of course the variations are endless!
- 1 frozen banana (chopped)
- 1/4 c almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1/4 c yogurt
- 1 protein scoop serving chocolate
- 1Tbs. almond butter
- for garnish: choco nibs, coconut, extra banana, almond bits, etc.
How to make:
- In a blender combine banana, almond milk, protein, and nut butter.
- “Low & slow” <- is the key. This will make it thick, creamy and well blended.
- Scoop this deliciousness into a bowl.
- In the center of the bowl I added the 1/4 of yogurt and swirled it.
- Have fun decorating with your garnishes.
- Serve & enjoy.