We have always been Dunkin fans and enjoy our coffee and donut treats. 🍩 So naturally when I was working on this recipe I tried to use their brand of coffee which inspired this candy. I eventually had to switch to an espresso powder (or you could use coffee candy flavoring). That way the flavor could properly dissolve and blended into the white chocolate. However the end result of this Dunkin Donuts inspired coffee bark got lots of smiles at the office and had a great coffee and cream taste. It also paired well when it was delivered with DD’s box of joe! It was a hit and definitely a win-win. 🙌
- 1 bag of white chocolate split in half
- 1 TBPS espresso powder (or coffee candy flavor to taste)
- 2-3 tsp solid coconut oil
- colored sprinkles
Here’s how to make this coffee break candy.
- Start by melting your coconut oil. Sprinkle espresso powder on top so it can begin dissolving.
- Stir your espresso powder so it can dissolve into the coconut oil. If you need to reheat only do it in short intervals (apprx. 10 seconds). You can add a little more oil if needed but try not to make to much of this mixture. (I use solid coconut oil because it solidifies well, it’s tasteless, and blends great into the melted white chocolate.)
- Divide the white chocolate in half and place into microwaveable bowls. Heat up your bowls of white chocolate. Immediately add the espresso coconut mix into one of the bowls and blend well. Adding the mixture when it is hot will help the espresso to blend and break down well. You can add a little food dye if you need to boost your espresso color.
- While mixture is still warm and soft pour onto a wax paper. I did somewhat of a stripped pattern to help with swirling.
- Swirl mixture with a spatula, knife, etc. It’s so pretty 🙂
- I added sprinkles for some fun and because it was Dunkin Donuts inspired I used pink and orange. 🍩
- Once it has fully cooled the chocolate will easily peel right off the wax paper.
- Snap it into pieces and it’s ready to be enjoyed!
At the Dunkin shop we go to the staff is always really nice. I was picking up coffee and I had asked for an extra bag to put the candy in. I was talking about my little creation and the lady came back with these two adorable, little boxes. 😍 She said they use it for some of their specialty treats. The packaging made the candy extra cute and special and was perfect with the a Box of Joe. ☕
This is super easy to make and there is no need for a coffee break after! But… you’re going to want one because it’s delicious. 🙂 Before this gets delivered were going to sneak some in for ourselves. ☕☕