I’m super excited to share my first dress project. I have been shopping some thrifts shops and came across this! I absolutely loved it! The color, the combination of pleats and applique and how the straps all went together. I picked it up for $7 hoping I could save this piece. 🙂 Here’s the project…
The sad before pic. Both straps were there, just one had become unstitched. The dress had several stains on all sides. 😔 First step was trying to lift the stains. I was a bit hesitant on the best way to get them out. I was reading a lot of people had damaged pleated skirts by washing them. I decided to spot treat with warm water and a little bit of soap. Surprisingly, after a few rounds (I think 4!) they were gone! Once the stains were gone, I cleaned up the dress and reattached the strap. I found these soft pink, green and teal crystal beads to add some detail on the applique and help tack it down. I decided to keep it simple and not to take away from the elements I already liked. Here’s some close-up pics of the top. All cleaned up and here is the finised gown. 💖
I can’t wait to share this and hope some one will fall in love with this dress!
- Dress $7 purchased at Goodwill
- 3 Strands of crystal beads at $2 a piece (from Walmart).
- Thread and needles $3
Total Cost $16