I say every year I want to try and make a gingerbread house and this year I finally decided to give it a try. Of course, my husband said to try and make our house. This is my attempt! I’ll add the recipe I used for the house, as well as, the frosting. Both recipes I used were for decorating ONLY. You definitely would NOT want to eat this gingerbread- lol 😂
But for now, here’s the process I used and hope you enjoy seeing it come together! It was definitely fun and a wonderful way to spend a snow day with Christmas movies in the background, the first snowfall of the year and the house smelling like freshly baked cookies!
Let’s get started!
Of course we have to start with the gingerbread. And can you see the snow is coming down! ❄️❄️❄️While the dough rests for 30 minutes I worked on the panels for the house and porch. Time to get rolling and cutting!It took a total of 4 batches but I got all the gingerbread pieces I need. While they cooled I worked on the frosting.Here’s the moment…will it come together! IT DID! And it’s standing!!! Time to add on the porch and add the first decoration of the night. The roof shingles. I went with oreo cookies 🙂It’s looking kinda haunted LOL 😂Next day! I added on the porch railings. And now it’s all about the candy! 🍬🍬I used
- Mini M&Ms for the lights, present decorations and details by the door
- Gummi life savers for the bows and door wreath
- Sour candy rings for the window wreaths
- Gummi cubes for the plant pots by the door and packages by the snowman
- The snow man was a Butterfinger already shaped. I dipped him in frosting and for some reason it turned purple. I guess the snowman was cold! 🤣🤣
- Gum for the dormant and deck flooring
- Gummy fruit slices for the walkway and bushes
Time for snow frosting details.And final touches like my struggling Santa and his bag. I rolled out some fruit slices and cute it out with a knife. 🎅 And a pic of our home for a comparison so you can be the judge on how I did!!
What do you think?All done.
Hope you enjoyed seeing this lil’ project come together. 🎅