This was a fun little project I put together by upcycling some old fence posts. What came from those old bits was this little Graveyard Garland. It’s adorable if I do say so myself! I even had a few friends ask for one. I might see how much I have left for a surprise gift of two!
Here’s how the Graveyard Garland came together.
- We save a lot of scrap wood. Just picking out some pieces for the curved top of the fence posts.
- Give them a quick chop.
- Time for a little scrubbing. Definitely dirty from sitting outside.
- I drilled a hole in the top of each one so they can be strung onto some twine.
- I mixed acrylic paint with some water. I want the grain of the wood to show through a bit and add a little depth. I coated both sides and edges for a more finished look.
- Second layer of paint with a little bit of black. I only did this on the side that will be the front.
- Time for some names. I have a list of Fun Tombstone Names you can see here.
- Add some moss for detail with a little hot glue.
- A couple of ghost with large cotton balls. 👻
- String it up with some twine and you’re done.
Time to add your hauntingly cute Graveyard Garland to your home. ⚰️