I made these “Cherry Bombs” for my Hubbie for Valentine’s day. He really likes cherries and I wanted to make a fun, healthy treat for him. We also go back to the day of high school and I swear him and his friend would always buy fireworks anytime those pop-up booths would appear. So he absolutely loved these… 1) because they tasted great 2) his love of blowing random things up and 3) because I made them -lol 😉
But honestly, they were even more popular in a healthy lifestyle group I shared them in. Just a light coating of chocolate and refresh fruit. It was simple without the candy overload and breaking your diet goals. So minimal guilt!
Here’s what you’ll need and the steps to make these cute treats!
- bag of fresh cherries with stems (this is all depending on how many you want to make)
- 1cup of chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips
- colored sugar (I used red and gold)
Steps to make the cherry bombs
- Wash the cherries and make sure they are dry. Mix about one Tbsp. of each colored sugar together and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate (because I was making a small batches I used the microwave method). Dip the cherries into the chocolate and place on wax/parchment paper to cool.
- Melt the white chocolate (again I did the microwave method) and dip just the tips of the stem.
- Then dip the white chocolate stem tip into the color sugar mix.
- Let the cherries fully dry. Mine took maybe a 30 mins.
- After that, they are ready to share and enjoy! 🍒💖🍒
Hope you enjoy!