Iced mint green tea is my favorite combo. I have been making this for years and I enjoy this one unsweetened. I’m not really a fan of green tea iced by itself. But I do make it into several chilled combos. I made this when I was craving something cooling and not feeling well. Instead it turned into a year round and constant drink in our household. Plus brewing tea is fast and simple. It can be low or have no sugar added and can replace some of those sugary drink options while still giving you a boost of flavor. Win-win! 🙌
Here’s how I make mine 🍵
- Green Tea (individual serving)
- Mint Tea (individual serving)
- Optional sugar or honey to sweeten and mint leaves for garnish
This is how I make this delicious tea:
- Heat, steep and strain. I heat 3 cups of water for 2 green tea and 2 mint tea bags. Steeping is about 3-5 minutes depending on how strong you like it.
- Remove the tea bags. Now is a good time to add sweetener if desired (the sugar/honey will melt blend better while it’s hot). Then add approx. 2 cups of ice-cold water.
- Serve chilled and enjoy. You can use some sprigs of mint for garnish, too! I happen to have some because it’s the summer and I grow it in my garden. 🌿
It’s that simple and refreshing. And a great refreshing alternative compared to other sugary options! 🙂