I’ve found my next dress! Yes it was another thrift and I couldn’t pass it up. Here is the progress of the project 💜
But first, I took a picture and have no clue where my “Before pic” ended up. When I find it I’ll be sure to add it to the post. 🙂 There was a bit of pilling on the bust of the dress and patches of stains on the skirt like below. It’s hard to make it out but there were large water mark patterns.Using warm water and soap I was able to get the stains out. I gave the dress a second rinse and let it air dry to make sure it had a consistent color and it did! Using this heated crystal kit by Tulip I was able to cover the pulls/pilling in the bust area. That is why the gems are scattered the way they are to hide the damage. I used a combination of rose pink, opal, and clear crystals. Different angle of the gems. 💠The dress is complete! The stains are gone and all the pulls have been fully covered. The crystals look beautiful in person because they catch the light and sparkly really nicely on the lilac. The top knot on the dress is also a very flattering cut. Hope you enjoyed the project and now there are two dresses to donate for the upcoming 2018 prom collection! Yay 💠💜💠
- Dress $7 at Goodwill
- Tulip Hot Fix Crystals were from Michael’s and were $10 (with coupon usually $14.99 originally)
- Tulip Heat Setting Tool was 14.99 from Micahels (it has a very low review, but worked excellent for what I used it on).
Total cost $32 (But I have LOTS of leftover crystals and the tool for next time!)