These candies are a family tradition, we have always referred to them as “Teresa Truffles” There are so many variations. Once you make your fondant base flavoring and additives are endless. It also makes lots of candies for sharing. I like to keep this tradition going, especially, for the holidays and these ice cream truffles are a perfect minty combo. 🎄🎁
- 1 pounds of confectioners sugar
- 4 Tbsp. of butter
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1-12oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp. of peppermint extract
- 1 c. of crush peppermint chocolate sandwich cookies (I use Oreo)
- green food coloring
- Mix melted butter, peppermint extract, sweetened condensed milk, and a few drops of green dye.
- Gradually add in sugar. It will begin to for a dough consistence that can be needed. (add more green dye if needed).
- Knead crushed cookie pieces into the dough.
- Taking pieces of dough roll into small balls.
- Place on a wax paper lined tray and chill.
- Melt chocolate chips.
- Roll the balls into the chocolate and place on wax paper lined tray.
- Allow to dry. Enjoy your mint ice cream truffles! 🙂
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Toddy – Made in USA (video) (usa-c.com)
- 14 Chocolate-Peppermint Desserts to Make for the Holiday Season (sweets.seriouseats.com)
- Cookie Dough Truffles (playingwithrocksinthekitchen.wordpress.com)