I love making an Overnight French Toast Bake. It’s simple to prep and a warming, delicious treat for the weekend. It’s also an easy breakfast to transport to the office, church gatherings, and much more!
What you’ll need
- 1 French Bread Baguette
- 1 1/2 C Milk
- 6 Eggs
- 1/4 C Melted Butter
- 1 C Packed Brown Sugar (divided in half)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Maple syrup for drizzle
Here’s how to make this belly warming Overnight French Toast Bake
- Gather up the ingredients. Melt the butter and add 1/2 of the brown sugar. Slice the baguette. ((🥖 Day old bread works great, even if it’s very dry. This recipe has lots of liquid. It will fill the bread and still be super soft. I’m using up some extra baguettes from a dinner the night before.))
- In a 9×13 baking dish add the butter/sugar mix. Lay the slices of bread in one single layer.
- Wisk together milk, eggs and vanilla. Pour the mixture over the bread slices. It’s ok if they rise up a little bit. As they absorb the liquid they’ll sink back down.
- Mix the leftover brown sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle over the bread.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight (approx. 8-12 hours.)
- Remove French toast from fridge while the oven preheats to 350. Back 30-40 minutes. Until golden brown. 🍞
- Drizzle with maple syrup and serve warm. 😋
I hope you give this a try. It makes plenty for sharing, but it will be gobbled up in no time!