These Patriotic Pierogis for the 4th of July are an easy way to add a fun red, white and blue theme! They are literally ready to serve in less than 10 mins! Arranged them like the flag and you are ready to celebrate Independence day! 😁🇺🇸️
What you’ll need:
- 1 large bag of frozen pierogis
- red and blue food dye
- sour cream (optional)
- garlic & onion powder, parsley (optional)
Let’s get started
- Start with getting 3 pots of water boiling (one for each color).
- While they water was heating up. I placed my uncooked pierogis on the rectangle serving tray. That way you can decide how many of each color you will need to make if you’re going to create the flag pattern
- Once the water is boiling add the food dye and the divided pierogis.
- Cook till the begin to float. About 3 mins.
- Strain and allow to cool.
- While the pierogis are cooling. I mix the sour cream, garlic & onion powder, and parsley. I do not have a specific measurement. I just do it to taste. And serve it on the side for dipping.
- With a paper towel blot away any extra water off (this helps the dye from running onto the different colors)Ha. Then arrange your Patriotic Pierogis and serve.
Hope everyone enjoys a happy and safe 4th of July! 😁🇺🇸