This delicious soup is loaded with tender steak, mushrooms, peppers, etc. It’s lighter than a stew but it’s still packed with the delicious flavors (similar to a Philly Cheesesteak)! With a few simple steps it cooks effortlessly in your slow cooker. Your home will smell like you are waiting in line at the street cart for your favorite sandwich but really you are making this delicious Pepper Steak Soup right at home. 🏡 😀
- 1/2 to 1 lbs Steak Cubed
- 4 c of Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1/2 c Green Onion Chopped
- 8 oz White Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 oz Italian Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1/4 c Flour
- 1 Tbs Cornstarch
- 1 32 oz box Vegetable stock
- 1 c Milk
- 1-2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- salt & pepper
Let’s get started making our Crockpot Philly Cheesesteak Soup
- First, the prepping. Slice the mushrooms and green onions. Chop the pepper and steak.
- On Medium-high heat, heat the oil. Toss the steak into the flour. Then lightly brown the steak.
- Set your crockpot to low heat. Add the steak and vegetables. Then pour the broth on top. Add the garlic powder and some salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 6 hours.
- 1 hour before the soup has finished, mix the milk and cornstarch in a small sauce pan. Cook over a medium heat until mixture thickens. Add this mixture to the crockpot and lightly stir.
- Add the cheese. Once fully combined and everything is tender it’s time to serve. Add more salt or pepper if needed. 😋
That’s it! This Pepper Steak Soup is delicious and not heavy at all. The base is more like a broth, but its similar in flavor to the Philly Cheesesteak stew. It goes great with some hearty bread or toasted hoagie rolls. Hope you enjoy.