I know the slow cooker may not be the most popular item to use during the summer but this Polynesian Crockpot Chicken makes it worth pulling out of the pantry. It’s a perfect summery dish with pineapple and fresh peppers from the garden. And with minimal effort you can spend more time enjoying the beautiful weather. 🌻🌻
- Chicken Thighs 2-3lbs. or Chicken Breast 6
- 1 Cup chopped Sweet Peppers
- 20 oz. Pineapple Chunks (strained)
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2-3 Tbsps. Oil
- 2 Tbsps. Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp. Minced Garlic
How to make the Polynesian Crockpot Chicken
- Heat up the oil with garlic and brown up the chicken. You may have to do this step in a couple batches. Place into crock.
- Add all the ingredients and give it a quick stir.
- Cover and cook for 4-6 hours.
That’s it! It doesn’t get much more simple than that.
Serve over rice and enjoy 😀 🍚