These pumpkin pudding pies have a delicious cranberry oatmeal crust and scream autumn is finally here! 🍁 I for one could not be more excited. The original pie was a yummy experiment. It’s creamy and smooth from the cheese and pudding combo, but not too heavy. It was so liked I had a request to make it again and for the recipe! Doesn’t that always make you feel good? 💛 So here’s how to whip this pumpkin pudding pie right up. Even though you can make it ahead it only needs an hour or so to fully set. (The pictures I’m posting are smaller pans but the cooking measurements will be the same for a full size pie).
- 1 bag Taste of Inspiration Oatmeal Cranberry Mini Cookies
- 1 package cook’n’serve vanilla pudding
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1cup milk
- 1cup water
- 1/4cup melted butter
- Optional garnish: whipped cream, cranberries, pecans, etc.
Let’s get started
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- This is the key to the oatmeal cranberry crust. It was a great base for the pumpkin flavored pudding.
- Grind up the whole bag off cookies like you would for a graham cracker crust. The whole bag will make about 1- 1 1/4 cups. Stir in 1/4c of melted butter.
- Next press into your pie or tart pans. Bake for 5-7 minutes. They will be lightly golden and a bit more firm.
- While the pie crust is baking cook 1cup milk, 1cup water and pudding mix on the stove over medium heat. It will thicken but not as much as usual. Which is good because it’s going to be blended with the cream cheese.
- I slightly heated the cream cheese in the microwave to help soften it. Then give it a good mix so it’s creamy.
- Slowly add a little bit of pudding to the cream cheese and mix well. Repeat until all the pudding and cream cheese are combined. Be careful it’s hot! Make sure to take your time so it will be well blended and you will not have any chunks.
- Oh, so creamy!
- Spoon your mixture over the pie crust. The pie crust smell so gooooood! You’ll know what I mean when you make this. 😉
- Time to chill. And now… we wait…. Within 2 hours they will be set.
- Yay time to garnish these little treats!
- That’s it! These oh so creamy Pumpkin Pudding Pies with a Cranberry Oatmeal Crust are ready to be enjoyed.
Oh Yes! So darn good!
🍂🎃Happy Fall Y’all!🎃🍂