How to make brown sugar carrots is quite easy! I grew up in New England and this was a pretty common side dish for the holidays. When we moved to the south it was the first time a lot of our friends had tried carrots this way. Most of them would kind of joke and say in the south we use sweet potatoes. 🙂 But here’s a quick and simple way to make them and give this side dish a try.
- 1 Small Bag Carrots
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- Rosemary (optional)
Here’s the quick process to make these sweet brown sugar carrots.
- Slice up your carrots. I usually cut them into long strips. Baby carrots work great for this. 🙂
- Boil for 7-9 minutes. This will vary slightly depending on how you decide to cut them. Just don’t over cook. They are going to cook a bit longer with the sugar mix.
- In sauce pan start browning up the butter and brown sugar.
- Add your carrots and let them cook down for 3-5 minutes. They be nicely coated and the liquid will be cooked down.
- They are ready for servicing! 😋🥕🥕
Yum! And seeing how it’s the combo of brown sugar and butter I can see why some people compared it to sweet potatoes. 🙂 Hope you enjoy!