Pot roast cooks so easily in the slow cooker and this recipe is no different. But if you want to try a new flavor this sour cream pot roast might be it! The roast cooks in a white wine base and a quick whisk at the end makes a creamy sauce. Serve it up with some veggies and broiled potatoes and you have a hearty comfort meal. 🙂
- 4 lbs Chuck Roast
- 3-4 Carrots
- 2 Stalks of Celery
- 1 8oz Container of Sour Cream
- 1/2 White Wine
- 3 Tbs. Flour
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbps. Minced Onion
Time to get this Sour Cream Pot Roast Started.
- Lightly pepper both sides of the meat and place in the crockpot.
- Chop up the carrots and celery and place on top of roast.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Whisk together until creamy. Pour over the veggies and meat.
- Cover and cook for approx. 7-8 hours. Cover and cook for approximately 7-8 hours.
- To serve remove meat and vegetables. Wisk the liquid to create a cream sauce to serve with dinner. If needed you can add a little more flour or cornstarch.
Time to enjoy! 🙂