This stovetop salsa chicken is a meal in minutes! I’ve shared that I trying to keep my meals on the lighter and clean side and this works great. The salsa adds a fiesta of flavor while still keeping the dish 21 day fix approved! It’s a win-win for our home!
- 2-4 Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Cup Salsa of your liking (preferably a healthy option)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic
- 1-2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper
- Optional toppings: sour cream, sprinkle of cheese, green onion, etc.
Let’s get started making our stovetop salsa chicken.
- Heat oil on medium/high heat. Sprinkle garlic on chicken.
- Cook chicken a few minutes per side to brown.
- Once both sides are golden and the chicken is almost cooked through add the salsa. Add salt & pepper if desired.
- Cover the chicken and lower the heat. Cook for approx. another minutes.
- The chicken is finessed cooking when juices run clear.
- Garnish with toppings if desired.
Time to enjoy! 😋
It a fast dish that’s tender, full of flavor and still easy on your waist line! We had ours with a chopped chipotle salad and mango spears for dessert. 🥗