These Stuffed Peppers for your bird are not only healthy, adding important veggies to their diet, but they are fun! Mine loves to carry them around her stand and cage. She pulls the pieces out and munches on them while she plays. I assemble several at once. The great thing about these veggies is they freeze well. That way I have quick treats to but in her cage and give her something additional to play with.
What I use
- Mini sweet peppers
- 1-2 carrots
Let’s get started with making these stuffed peppers for your bird 🐦
- Start with cleaning and prepping the veggies. These are all organic so they just need a rinse.
- Next slice the carrots and broccoli into long strips. Remove the tops of peppers and the core. I like to have my little helper with me when I’m making her snacks. It gives her an activity. 🙂
….then she tries to steal things 😂 “It’s not ready yet!” 😀
- Take the strips of veggies and stuff into the pepper. 🌶️🥕🌶️
…Might as well enjoy a treat now. That’s proof that she likes them 💗
- That’s what they look like all assembled.
- Place in a plastic freezer bag and freeze. Try to keep them flat. Once they are frozen they treats will stay together much better.
That’s it. Once the these stuff peppers for your bird are assemble they are ready whenever you want to give them a veggie treat. I’ve shared before my cockatoo has some eating issues. She loves these. I try to give her a mix of veggies to help with a healthy diet while adding some fun. 🙂