The trick to the deliciousness in this Whole Grain Dijon Chicken recipe is switching from the smooth to whole grain mustard option. It adds texture to the dish and goes well with the wine & honey mixture. Here’s what you need to make this delicious dish.
- 4-6 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 C Chicken Broth
- 1/4 C White Wine
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs. Honey
- 2 Tbs Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
Let’s get started making our Whole Grain Dijon Chicken
- To start make sure you have the right type of mustard (smooth will still work, thought).
- On medium-high heat the olive oil. Salt & pepper the chicken if desired. Cook 4-5 minutes per side.
- Once chicken is golden remove from pan and lower heat to medium.
- Add the wine and broth. Then stir in honey and mustard. Cook 2-3 minutes lightly stirring and along the mixture to thicken.
- Return chicken to pan and coat. Cook another couple minutes while the sauce thickens. Make sure chicken is fully cooked through (not pink inside and juices are clear). If they chicken breast were a thicker cut and need more time cooking place a loose fitting cover over the top to help sauce from fully evaporating.
It’s simple, fast and delicious! Enjoy 😋